To get the most out of Pozyx Analytics we highly recommend you define some zones first. You can do this by going to https://app.pozyx.io/setup/planning/zones. Zones used for analytics should be of type ‘Trigger area’. Zones of type ‘Obstruction’ and ‘Positioning area’ will not show up in the analytics. These are only used to improve the positioning accuracy.
You can group zones by giving them a common label. Doing this will give you the option in Pozyx Analytics to not only view your data for individual zones but also grouped by zone labels. E.g. If you have manufacturing zone A, manufacturing zone B, manufacturing zone C, warehouse A, warehouse B, refrigerator A, refrigerator B, … then it would be a good idea to group the manufacturing zones by giving them a common label ‘manufacturing’, and to group the warehouse zones by giving them a common label ‘warehouses’, and to group the refrigerators by giving them a common label ‘refrigerators’. You will now be able to easily compare manufacturing zone A, with manufacturing zone B, and with manufacturing zone C, and also compare manufacturing with warehousing, etc.
Some important notes:
- Zones should be defined beforehand: Because of performance reasons in Pozyx Analytics the zone presence of a tag is not calculated on the fly based on the tag’s historical positions but is stored in a database. E.g. if a tag was located at point (x,y,z) at a certain point in time, and that point falls within zone A, then the database will have a record stating that the tag was at zone A at that point in time. This means that:
- If you define a zone after gathering data, the new zone will not be shown
- If you edit a zone after gathering data, the zone presence in Pozyx Analytics will be based on the old zone
- If you edit a zone while gathering data, the data gathered before editing the zone will be based on the old zone definition, and the data gathered after editing the zone will be based on the new zone definition
- The same is true for zone labels.
After obtaining a license for the Analytics pack you will have access to the Data retention settings at https://app.pozyx.io/settings/data-retention. For analytics to work you will have to enable data retention. You have the option to save all data or to only save data according to a certain schedule.
Enabling data retention will save your positioning data in a database on your gateway. The data will be stored there for 30 days. This means that on day 31 after enabling data retention the data from day 1 will be deleted and the data from day 31 will be stored instead. At the moment it is not yet possible to back up your data to another hard disk or to the cloud.
If the hard disk of your gateway would get full, data retention will be automatically disabled. You can check the available hard disk space by going to https://app.pozyx.io/devices/gateway/diagnostics, from where you can also clear disk space by erasing the saved positioning data. Careful: If you erase the saved positioning data you will no longer be able to see the analytics of this data.